DSS manufacturing resources enable our partners to develop innovative solutions that can be made efficiently, with profit, using the latest lean manufacturing principles combined with industry leading technology. We understand that to remain competitive in today’s global market, firms must have seamless processes that deliver fast results and quality products.
DSS handles heavy gauge and oversized parts with these equipment capabilities:
CNC Turret Press
- Cincinnati Hydraulic Shear 12ft. x ¼”
- Mild steel or 11 gauge stainless
- Maximum material is ¼” mild steel x 1-1/8” round hole
- Custom punch shapes are available
- 200 hits per minute on 1” centers
- 420 hits per minute nibble rate
- 165# maximum sheet weight
- Pacific 12' x 110 Ton
- No set up cost
- 40ft. x 12 gauge hydraulic folding machine
- Conical back gauge to make tapered parts
- Built-in sheet slitter on folding beam
- Incremental radius also available
- Accuracy to less than ½ degree angular variance in heavy gauges over the full length of the part.
- Powder coat with local partner company
- Wet paint system on site
A customer packages and distributes millions of eggs and space is critical. They need a flexible system that allows them additional capacity for their busy season.
Equipment Depot partnered with DSS to supply the customer with a custom mezzanine that doubled the storage capacity in their warehouse.
Our customer in the health care industry has many issues with their current system. The case flow they were provided by another vendor is not able to handle their products.
They moved to a new +250,000 sq. ft. facility and required the same configuration with many enhancements.
Solution: Installedl a High Density DeepTrak Order Pick System with DeepFlo Pallet Storage.
Our customer in the baking industry had concerns. This DSS Case Study - Bakery details how systems had been heavily damaged by years of forklift abuse, and cooler space was critical for tempering product coming into the plant. DSS worked with the customer to design a custom PushBak system that achieved these objectives:
- Handled GMA pallets the wrong way (48" x 40")
- Maximized space utilization
- Minimized material movements
- Maintained 18" rat run
- Minimized damage to product
- Minimized damage to equipment
- Maximized ease of use for operators
- Maximized use of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Maximized safe operations